A GREAT WIN FOR US ON VOTER ID ON ABSENTEE BALLOTS.
This is what activism looks like - an engaged electorate as our Founders envisioned!
Your Attention Now Needed on SB 250
- REMOVING ILLEGALS FROM THE VOTER ROLLS!
On Wednesday, 8/28/19, the NC House passed the bi-partisan SB 683 that requires legitimate government voter ID and makes buying and selling absentee ballots a felony, not a misdemeanor.
It took your calls, emails, prompting from CCNC Board
and Jim Womack
and Jay Delancy meetings with legislators, to make the necessary changes to make the law acceptable! It was a back and forth but our suggestions to the bill prevailed.
It is a bi-partisan bill
so Cooper should sign it into law. However, if he doesn't, we will make this a campaign issue and another nail in his coffin. With a new GOP governor in 2020, it will pass!
Now You Need To
Take Action Again
While we are optimistic that positive changes to the bill will be implemented, we must remain vigilant. Please contact
- your NC House Reps of both parties
- and the Sponsors of the bill Senators
Rep David Lewis of House Rules Committee
Please deliver the following message:
1. Please correct voter list maintenance in SB250 to enable local Boards of Election to perform list maintenance functions. As SB 250 stands now, local boards will be hampered from removing non-citizens from the voter rolls because they lack the address and other information from the Clerk of Court jury excusals needed to accomplish that task.
2. Make sure this process takes place in the public eye. All of this information is public information and should not be dragged behind closed doors. Assuring transparency and public oversight of local Boards of Election prevents non-citizens from cancelling out legitimate citizen votes. It has worked with removing felons. The same process needs to be applied to non-citizens.
CCNC will be watching the progress of SB 250. We urge you to please fix the bill to bring us closer to restoring voter confidence and securing every legitimate vote. Thank you.