Save our Democracy Act reforms in the legislation are narrowly tailored and apply only to federal elections.
It would enhance federal election integrity by addressing three key areas:
(1) Voter Registration; (2) Casting of Ballots; (3) Tabulation of Ballots. It would:
- Prohibit automatic voter registration for federal elections.
- Requires voter citizenship verification to register to vote in federal elections.
- Prohibit states from sending out unrequested absentee ballots for federal elections.
- Prohibits use of public ballot collection boxes in federal elections.
- Requires that absentee ballots be received by the close of election day for federal elections.
- Requires voters to provide proof of I.D. for absentee voting and in-person voting in federal elections, creating equal treatment for all ballots.
- Requires that ballot counting, once begun, continue until completed—no delays or pauses. See further details, who to call, and talking points.